All AP Students will:
- Be expected to develop mastery in concept, composition, and execution of ideas in their artwork. In constructing the portfolio, students will explore critical characteristics of creative thinking.
- Use goal setting, informed decision making, and problem-solving skills to pursue their own artistic interest in an informed way, seeking out creative problems that are both interesting and challenging.
- Research ideas for their independent projects and document this in their sketchbook.
- Utilize a set of standards set for the class to gauge their progress and work toward their goals.
These standards are based on the state course expectations and the standards for the AP Studio Art Portfolio Exam.
- Demonstrate the ability to come into class and work independently toward creatively solving problems they have developed.
- Students will expand on their knowledge of the application of the elements and principles of design while working in a variety of media and exploring ideas in art criticism.
- Students will work toward the development of a comprehensive portfolio that will investigate both portfolio components — Selected Works and Sustained Investigation and may meet requirements for entry into college-level classes.
For more information and access to the College Board Site, please click on one of the following links:
For information on: AP 2D Design Photography